Friday, September 17, 2010

0 years 1 month 4 weeks 2 days


Dear Austen,

It's hard to believe that it will have been two whole months as of tomorrow since you have been born!
It feels like only yesterday that I was staring at the positive pregnancy test in disbelief! I remember that day so well. It was a weekend right after Halloween, November 8th I believe? Your daddy was working and I was home alone, watching Desperate Housewives and doing laundry. I was making banana bread and taco soup in the crock pot, I remember because I sent your daddy a text saying that the house smelled like a "mexican banana". Then I took a shower and when I got out I took the pregnancy test. It was positive...and after I stared at it for about 5 minutes I texted your daddy a picture of it...and right after I got a text back saying "lol..that's funny". Funny??!!! I wrote him back "Which part..the mexican banana or the positive test???!!" and he said "call you in a bit". He hadn't seen the picture at first! SO we called and made an appointment right away at the doctor's office for that week. We went in and they said everything sounded fine and that I was to come back in a few weeks for an ultrasound at what they figured to be 8 weeks...but we knew it was only 6 weeks! They gave us an EDD of July 9th at the first appointment. At the ultrasound, on NOvember 25th, Deanna dated you at 6 weeks and 2 days! You were sooo tiny! But you looked great! Right then and there daddy and I thought you were a boy! I don't know why, we just did. And we were right! Then they said that the EDD was July 19th!

And the nine months began!

I love remembering your story...we wanted you so badly, and were so thrilled to have you! Even when you were the tiniest little speck in my tummy we started talking names and nursery colors!

Love Always,
mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment